It’s that time of year again when it’s time to sculpt a scarey pumpkin! This fella isn’t finished yet, I reckon there’s something…. living inside…
Got an update this week on Frank. I’ve been busy working full time in work, my character work had to take a back seat for a short while. I managed to find time the past couple of evenings to make an update.
Our brief this week was to work on roughing out the character’s bust primarily. I’ve been thinking constantly about proportions and major shapes. (Also small, medium and large relationships) … and of course air foiling! (Thanks Danny!) Got more polishing time in this time around. He’s coming along really well. I managed to rough out his body’s basic forms in addition to the head bust.
After todays amazingly informative class with Danny, I’ve been feeling totally pumped. I’ve taken my concept and pushed forward. I’m quickly hammering out basic forms right now and made changes to the overall proportions of the character. He is still approx 3 heads in height (relative to Frank!) but I’ve readjusted his proportions better to add variety (ie: small, medium and large) and hopefully down the line this will come through better regarding appeal. I’ll need to adjust the arms and hands next. Can’t wait to start sculpting!
Frankenstein turned ballerina… he is NOT happy.
So much for my horror ‘dash’ science fiction take on a classic monster. Somehow I ended up with a Boris Karloff inspired Frankenstein in Lycra and a ballerina costume. The humor makes up for the lack of horror I reckon. This is my lead character design for the low frequency character design project we’re working on with Danny Williams. See model sheet below.
Rough Model Sheet for Frankerina.