Well, here is my homework assignment regarding week two’s sculpt. He is, for the most part… a happy frog. (Please see happy pose reference in my drawing ideas)
A bug flew into his a*s and he quickly became angry frog (aka ‘wtf’ frog) I’m trying not to, but dragon influences are starting to seep their way into this design.
I like where he is going. He’s rough with most of the major forms in place, bar is tongue! I’ve utilized toad and frog anatomy for the most part.
I’ve tried to keep him as dynamic as possible for now. He’s come on well considering the original drawing ideas. I would have liked to have gone more ‘horror’ on this one, but I think he’s going into comedy territory slightly.
Here is my dragon character update.
- I re-worked her brows and adjusted her facial structure.
- I added teeth, gums and lip suggestions.
- Her eye structure has changed and I’ve refined her jaw and added detail.
- After adjusting her back posture slightly in relation to shoulders and head I added big fins to the back of her head, but not all the way down her neck as suggested by Casey.
- Also as suggested by Casey I have taken out the old neck structure and replaced it with a new one, complete with wrinkles around the neck and back of the neck. I’ve also added wrinkles that suggest blood delivery.
- The front amour plating was revised and I changed the positioning of the horn foundations on the skull. I also added a suggestive part for the shoulders and scapula.
- I’ve reshaped the curve on the top horns, it is much closer now to my original drawing. The horns are proving tricky to get smoothed out however…